Wednesday, July 1, 2009

WFMW: Summer Recipe Edition


One of my first forays into the blog world was through WFMW. Seems fitting that one of my first posts would be for WFMW!

When I think of summer, I think of BBQ. My husband is our primary cook and he is a master at the grill! This Cuban marinade (my favorite!) is perfect for chicken, pork, beef, lamb and even fish.




Adobo marinade


5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fresh sour orange juice or 3/4 cup fresh lime juice and 1/4 cup fresh orange juice

Place the garlic, salt, cumin, oregano, and pepper in a mortar and pound with a pestle to a smooth paste. Gradually work in the sour orange juice. Or place all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a smooth puree. Adobo tastes best used within a few hours of making. (Makes 1 cup; enough for 2 pounds of meat)

Don't forget to visit We Are That Family for all the great summer recipes!

No comments: